It is forecasted that the industrial sector in Dubai will grow by Dh18 billion and create 27,000 jobs by 2030. Meanwhile, investment in R&D will increase by an additional Dh700 million by 2030.
- Aluminum and fabricated metals
- Pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
- Food and beverages
- Machinery and equipment industries
The sectors were chosen for future growth prospects, export potential and long-term economic benefits.
- Increasing the total output of the manufacturing sector
- Enhancing the depth of innovation
- Making Dubai a preferred manufacturing platform for global businesses
- Promoting environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient manufacturing
It is expected that the strategy will inject Dh165 billion into Dubai economy by 2030.
…Dubai Industrial Strategy is in line with the UAE’s vision for sustainable progress in the post-oil era… Sultan bin Sulayem, chairman and chief executive of DP World