Kenya – Tea Production

Kenya’s most valuable agricultural export is tea. Kenya is the largest exporter of tea in the world accounting for 22% of the total world tea exports. Tea industry contributes around 4% of the country’s GDP and 26% of the country’s export earnings. Tea production in Kenya has increased by 18% year on year in 2016. However, the value of tea production has declined by 1.6% from KES118.4 billion in 2015 to KES116.5 billion in 2016 due to lower auction prices.

Erbil Rotana
Kenya – Tea Production

Source: Kenya Tea Directorate

Agriculture Kenya

The Data

The Data provides you with the most relevant macroeconomic and industry data on up-and-coming investment destinations across the world.

Thanks! You are signed up to our data updates.