Dubai Silicon Oasis has successfully transformed into a preferred integrated destination for IT companies and entrepreneurs. The high-tech free zone plays a significant role in attracting direct investment into Dubai.

Dubai Silicon Oasis - Investment


Source: Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority

Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) has registered AED518 million in recurring revenue by end-2016, representing a 9.4% increase compared to 2015. DSOA earned AED234.7 million in net profit, in 2016, achieving a 27.7% growth over the previous year.

Dubai Silicon Oasis - Revenue & Profit (2016)


Source: Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority

Nearly 78% of the companies based at Dubai Silicon Oasis specialize in IT, while the remaining 22% operate across a range of sectors including commerce and services.

Dubai Silicon Oasis - Number of companies


Source: Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority

The Quote

"Dubai Silicon Oasis is a key contributor to the development of Dubai’s economy, based on knowledge, innovation and technologies of the future."

His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum

Dubai Silicon Oasis - Company Breakdown


Source: Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority

With the aim of realizing the vision of transforming Dubai into the smartest city in the world, His Highness Sheikh Ahmed recently laid the foundation stone of Silicon Park, the first integrated smart city to be built in DSO. The Silicon Park project will cost AED1.3 billion and spread over an area of 150,000 square meters. The smart city is scheduled for completion by Q4 2018.